M/S Mt Washington
- “The Lady of the Lake” built in Lakeport in 1849 was the first boat built over 100 feet in length that provided public transportation on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire.
- The original “Mount” was the “Lady of the Lake.” When the Boston and Maine decided to cease “the old steamship business” during the 1920’s, the Mount Washington was sold. It was turned into a passenger vessel for summer tourists.
- The M/S Mount Washington was destroyed by fire in 1939 along with the Weirs Cafe, Railroad Station and a seaplane.
- After the fire a new vessel was found and assembled from the hull of a Lake Champlain vessel called the Chateugay.
- The M/S Mount Washington stops at Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Weirs Beach, Meredith and Center. Harbor. The Mount runs from ice out until mid-October.
- The Mount is wintered in Center Harbor.
- The Sophie C. is a mailboat on Lake Winnipesaukee. It delivers mail to the people who live on the islands. It was named after the owner’s mother.
- The Sophie C. is the oldest floating post office in the US and is the only mailboat on an inland waterway.
- The Doris E. provides scenic boat tours of smaller islands near Weirs Beach.